R. Moore & Sons
Our Vital Link
With our reputation for precision and reliability, we have long been sought out to provide specialised services in the supply chain to support our Australian defence forces; it’s an integral part of our operations that’s helped keep us being industry leaders and globally competitive.
Defence work demands RMS operates at the very highest level and that we can repeat our work with precision time and again – a challenge we have more than risen to since before World War II.
The defence sector provides us with a strong motivation to continue investing in skills, equipment and tooling ensuring we never stop lifting our overall expertise.
With this investment, we aim to continue being an integral link in time critical MRO services in the supply chain to defence for many decades to come.
Engineering the future
Specific Defence Services
RMS’ Defence work covers a wide scope of regeneration services including;
- Inspection & Testing
- Precision Grinding of Crankshafts and Camshafts – an elite and critical process.
- Crankcases – Specialised Machining
- Overhaul of Fuel Injection Pumps and Injectors
- Turbocharger Overhaul
- Overhauling of Connecting Rods and Cylinder Heads
- Specialised and time critical machining and manufacturing of components.
At RMS, we have supported defence with these highly specialised and critical MRO services for a variety of vessels, including;
- Anzac Class Frigates
- Armidale Class Patrol Boats
- Collins Class Submarines
- Ancillary Craft vessels